Of the 18 Loyola Marymount University students and alumni selected as Fulbright semifinalists for the 2021-22 application cycle, seven are from the School of Education (SOE). The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers study, research, and teaching opportunities in over 140 countries. Historically, SOE has produced the highest number of Fulbright scholars from LMU.
The SOE students named as semifinalists include:
- Morrissa Berman M.A. ’19 (Urban Education), ETA to Uruguay
- Stephanie Calasanz Miño M.A. ’21 (Urban Education), ETA to Ecuador
- Edgar Grajeda, M.A. ’19 (Educational Studies), ETA to Taiwan
- Carlo Juntilla M.A. ’20 (Educational Policy and Leadership), ETA to Taiwan
- Marianna Moore M.A. ’20 (Special Education), ETA to the Netherlands
- Alexia Thorpe M.A. ’19 (Urban Education), ETA to Colombia
- Jyoti Uppal M.A. ’19 (Urban Education), ETA to India
Final selection and award offers will be made by the supervising agency in the host country and the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. Semifinalists will be notified of their final status between March and June.